Aequus Developments is wholly owned by Bath and North East Somerset Council.
It was set up to develop, deliver, own and manage property for both the rental and home owner’s market.
The objectives for the company are as follows:
- To generate revenue income and maximise revenues for the Council.
- To deliver approved property developments.
- To acquire and sell private market property.
- To hold, manage and operate high quality private lettings.
- To be fully policy compliant in terms of Affordable Housing.
- To support the Council’s ambition to help create an ongoing supply of modern energy efficient and sustainable homes.
- To stimulate and accelerate property and development delivery for the Council.
- To improve supply, quality and quantity of private rented housing.
- To act as a responsible and equitable landlord.
- To deliver long term capital appreciation.
- To support the Council’s strategic vision and objectives.
These objectives recognise the potential Financial, Housing Supply, Affordable Housing provision, Sustainability and Market Differentiation and are agreed with B&NES.
The Company has two divisions.
Aequus Developments Ltd – Management and Holding Properties for the Private Rented Sector.
Aequus Construction Ltd – Housing Developments primarily for sale